The countdown to nursery school begins!
One week from tomorrow--Maya Lily will begin nursery school full-time. This is huge! She has spent the last 14 months with both of us--me primarily--and has only been with her Nana or Nonnie. We have never left her with anyone else.
We joined the gym last week and brought Maya to the child care center--she lasted 20 minutes the first day before they had to page me to come and get her--she was sobbing like crazy. We have tried three more times and she cries (screams) her head off and won't allow the teachers to console her.
So I am VERY worried about next week...
I know that many children go to nursery school/daycare and do just fine.
I was fortunate to be able to stay home with Maya this past year--however--if we want to maintain our lifestyle and adopt Ava Rose--then I have to go back to work full-time. I know this is going to be a big adjustment for her and for us (especially me). I pray that she transitions well and knows that we will be there to get her at the end of the day.
Tomorrow she is suppose to go the new dance studio for a three hour camp session. It will be a good test to see how she does. I have introduced her to the dance teacher and her little friend Elizabeth will be there with her--so I hope that helps.
My goal this week is to try to follow her nursery school schedule--breakfast at 8:30--activities till noon--lunch--followed by a nap from 12:30 to 2:30--this should be good--especially since she has not really followed a specific nap schedule since we were in China and maintained her routine from the orphange. Maya tends to fall asleep anytime between 11 and 4--it depends on the day, her mood etc. Some days she refuses to take a nap.
Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well and that I am worrying for no reason (haha).



No comments:
Post a Comment