School is out for summer!
Thursday was my last night teaching at ALCO. It was sad to say good-bye to my ESOL students. They were a wonderful group of adults and I was inspired by them each week. I will miss them--especially my 86-year-old student Juana--she was amazing.
Sadly, due to budget cuts, the program will not be offered next semester.
Patrick's last day with his current first-grade class was Friday--again it was bitter sweet for him. It was not an easy year for him--especially since his father died on the third day of school--it just made for a difficult start to school year--however his students all showed significant growth both academically and socially. We attended a birthday party for one of his students--and the parents could not thank Patrick enough for all that he did to help their son this year--it was very touching and made me so proud. Patrick will be teaching first-grade again in August.
I will be returning to the classroom in August. I will be teaching learning strategies to high school special education students. I am anxious and excited at the same time.
Maya will be attending KinderCare Academy for nursery school. She will be in the 2.5 year old class for the half-day program. My mom will then pick her up and bring her home until I get home from work. Should be an interesting transition for both of us!
Our summer plans include a road trip to the Northeast. We have our cousin Kendra's wedding in NY on the 21st and our friend Ally's babyshower in Maine on the 29th. In between the two events we will be heading to Boston to spend time with my family and friends.
On the way back from Maine we will be spending time in New Jersey with Patrick's family.
Once we are back from our trip we hope to spend some time at the beach and at Disney.
It will be back-to-school time before we know it!
Hope you all have a wonderful summer!
The Dunns



2 comments:
I have to say I'm actually envious of your plan for next year! I got very used to Michael being in pre-school for two half mornings and when I took him out for our move this year, it was strange. He really loved it, and needed it! I hope to put Madeleine in for 2 days next fall and Michael will be going for 3. It's great for them and for us! that's awesome you'll be teaching again!
I was wondering if Maya is going to the Kindercare in Celebration. Natalie had a couple of awesome teachers at Universal's Kindercare who are now at Celebration's Kindercare. You can't get any better than Miss Rosemary, Miss Peggy and Miss Angelise (who I think is a Director there). We miss them all so much.
Post a Comment