19 months old and legally ours again!
Today we appeared in court in Kissimmee to have our foreign adoption recognized by the State of Florida. It was just a formality since Maya has been ours-legally since May 16th. However, this recognition allows us to get birth certificates in English.
Attorney Paul Consbruck, an adoptive father, represented us for the hearing. The whole process was so easy and worth the money. We left the courthouse feeling very confident that everything has been completed and our adoption is finalized.
Maya Lily turns 19 months old today. I have to admit that I am a bit emotional. She is growing up so quickly. I know we have been blessed. My thoughts are with her biological parents. I pray they have peace of mind and somehow know that she is with a family who love her more than anything in the whole world. We are forever grateful to them for the beautiful life they created and are honored to be her mother and father.



1 comment:
Aleisa and Patrick,
Joe and I are so happy for you both. You are blessed with beautiful Maya, and she is equally blessed that she has two wonderful and loving parents. Thank you for sharing her with us . She does bring joy into all the lives hse touches.
Our Love and Prayers,
Linda & Joe
Post a Comment