CNN controversy and our opinion.
As former newspaper reporters, Patrick and I have seen, heard and read our fair share of poor journalism stories. Recently on the Paula Zahn CNN show there was a segment about Chinese adoptions and the new restrictions in place.
As an American I believe in the First-Amendment--Freedom of Speech--however, as a journalist, I would have appreciated a more balanced story. For instance, why did they not include families who have adopted from China--or families who are in the process of adopting from China. I honestly believe that adoption is a very personal decision. In our situation, I have the honor of having two cousins that were adopted from China--they are beautiful, they are smart--but more importantly--they are loved.
My advice is always to be a critical observer of the news being presented--there are three sides to every story--the he said/she said and the truth somewhere in the middle.
Sincerely,
Aleisa and Patrick Dunn



No comments:
Post a Comment